Saturday, January 3, 2009

A New Tradition is Born....

Some of my fondest memories of my childhood Christmases are the times my Mom would take us to see the Nutcracker Ballet. It was always such a special occasion and I was always so excited to get dressed up and be "fancy" for an afternoon. Well, now that Madison is a little ballerina herself, I thought it would be great fun to take her to see the Nutcracker this year.

In December, we went to a production of the Nutcracker by the Brandywine Ballet Company performed at West Chester University. One of the moms in our playgroup coordinated getting tickets for several of us, and it was a fun night! Thanks, Heidi!

My friend Shari and her daughter Daria accompanied Madison and I to dinner before the show and the girls were SO excited! They thought they were such big girls doing dinner and a show! Madison sat mesmerized for much of the show and kept declaring how BEAUTIFUL the Sugar Plum Fairy was! This will certainly now be an annual event for Mom and Maddie, and soon we will be able to include McKenna as well.

Madison and Daria so excited at dinner!

Shari and Daria

Mommy and Madison

A wonderful time was had by all and it really put all of us into the holiday spirit!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a great tradition!!!! To this day I still hear what a wonderful time I had when Nana and I went down town to see the Nutcracker and have tea at the Crystal Tea Room.... Fantastic that you are doing this!!!

Twitter Updates