Monday, July 28, 2008

CSA PSA

Ok, so here is my PSA (Public Service Announcement) for our local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). My interest in living a more organic/natural life is relatively new. I've been interested on the sidelines for a few years now, but have really started to make more substantive changes in our buying and consumption habits in the last year. This season is the first time we are participating in a CSA. We've purchased a share in the CSA, a locally owned and operated farm, and in return for that share, we go to the farm each week to pick up our family's fresh produce for the week. Our particular CSA has had a few hiccups this year in terms of farm staff, but that has not tarnished my belief in the CSA model at all. Overall, I could not be happier that we are doing this... eating organic produce and participating in a more sustainable lifestyle! What could be better. I don't think I will ever go back to buying our produce at the grocery store (at least not in the growing season).


Here are some pictures of the girls at the farm:






No comments:

Twitter Updates