Monday, July 28, 2008

Mommy and Maddie Weekend

On Thursday, Madison and I left for a long weekend trip to Charleston, SC. We made the trip to Charleston to celebrate my cousin's wedding. He and his wife were married back in February in Las Vegas, and they held a beach party on Friday for all of their family and friends to celebrate their marriage with them.

At first, we intended for all four of us to make the trip for the celebration. However, the more we thought about it, it just wasn't going to be possible for us all to go, especially given McKenna's sleep schedule. It was definitely a bummer that we all couldn't go together, but both Matt and I agree that an awesome side benefit of this arrangement was that we each got to spend alot of one-on-one time with each of the girls. So, Daddy and McKenna had a great weekend at home, and Mommy and Madison had a great weekend visiting with Mommy's side of the family, going to Ryan and Jessie's wedding reception, touring Charleston, and (Maddie's favorite part) getting to swim alot in the hotel pool!

Another highlight for Madison was the plane ride. My sister flew with us and Madison was so excited to be with her Aunt Erin and to be flying in a plane. You couldn't wipe the smile off of her face! We all stayed at a hotel together, and Madison and I got to share a hotel room with my Grandmother. I was so excited that we got to spend 3 days with Madison's Gigi. My grandmother (Gigi) lives in Baltimore and we don't get to see her as much as we'd like to, so it was a really special treat for both of us. And, of course, spending time with Mimi and Pop-Pop (my Mom and Dad) is ALWAYS on the top of Madison's favorite to-do list! They were in the hotel room next door to us, so it was so fun for Maddie to just go next door whenever she wanted a Mimi and Pop-Pop fix! In fact, they dropped us off at the airport in Charleston on Sunday to catch our flight home, and within 10 seconds (literally) of us being inside the airport, Madison said "I miss Mimi and Pop-pop".

Despite all of the fun we had, Maddie did miss her daddy and her sister. Periodically, she would just blurt out "I miss Daddy and McKenna". She is so cute. Although, it seemed whenever we had Daddy on the phone, she didn't really take the time to talk to him too much :-) Isn't that always the way? I missed Matt and McKenna too. I spotted them walking into the airport to pick us up and I bolted over to them while my sister watched Madison. I almost kissed McKenna's face off!

All in all, a great time was had by all.

Congrats to Ryan and Jessie! A big thank you to my Aunt MaryAnn for being our tour guide. Another big thank you to my parents for being our chauffeurs all over town. And, a huge thanks to hubby for agreeing to this girls getaway for Maddie and I. I had such a great time being with her!

No comments:

Twitter Updates